Mimi's Learning Center
Our beliefs about early childhood education are based upon the knowledge that a child’s growth is developmental. It seems clear to me that a high quality early childhood program must provide a safe and nurturing environment which promotes a broad spectrum of support for the child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development.
We believe that a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children is correctly tailored to the specifics of each age group. Different ages have different needs, interest, and developmental task; the curriculum should reflect these variations. Mimi’s Learning Center also teaches discipline and respect for oneself, other children and adults. We expect our staff to be positive examples in the lives of all our children.
· Seek to love, nurture, challenge and mature all children in our care.
· Strive to enhance our children’s awareness of self through vigorous and continuous cultural exposure.
· Provide a safe and secure environment, free from threat of danger or abuse.
· Encourage and welcome parental support as we mold young lives.
· Foster our children’s enrichment and development to produce competent and productive citizens.
· Challenge our students in academics through a proven regimen of physical activities.
· Educate the whole child – cognitively, emotionally, socially and physically.
· Develop fine and gross motor skills.
· Encourage positive self-concept and feeling of self-worth.
· Develop the ability to work and play in groups as well as independently.
· Promote healthy relationships with other children and adults.
· Recognize that children are continuously learning.
Click link to see Mimi's Learning Center code of ethics: